Shrimp Farfalle with Peas and Cilantro

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

IMG_0890

I was off from work today. Something about Cesar Chavez, yadda yadda. I had all of these grand plans – laundry, work, bathing the dog…

 

What did I really do? Watched copious amounts of 48 Hours, Dateline and Keeping Up with the Kardashians, napped, pondered the state of my eyebrows and went to Target to buy roughly $75 worth of stuff I totally did not need.

 

Yeah, I’d call that success.

 

Unfortunately, 5pm rolled around and I was ravenous. Hi – I may as well be living in a nursing home. Blue plate special, anyone?

Luckily, this meal is delicious, easy and fast. I recommend following it up with Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food.

 

Shrimp Farfalle with Peas and Cilantro

2 cups farfalle pasta

1 Tb unsalted butter

1 large shallot, finely chopped

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

2 cups frozen green peas

1 Tb chopped fresh cilantro

1/4 tsp kosher salt

1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

1 lb frozen cooked shrimp

1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese

 

Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and shallot to pan and cook until shrimp are dethawed; add garlic, salt and pepper and peas and cook on medium for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta. Drain pasta and add to saucepan; stir in cilantro and Parmesan.

1 comment:

HappyMommy02 said...

Yay! you're back. this dish looks great. I enjoy your posts :)
Have you ever seen the pioneerwoman blog? I just read her post before hopping over to your blog, and she is witty too, like you. have a great day