25 Books in 2010

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Because, really, I don't have enough to do, right?

But I actually enjoy reading. Call me a nerd, but I look forward to that last half-hour prior to passing out at midnight (that New Year's Resolution about going to bed earlier is really not working in my favor) when I snuggle up in bed with a good book and shut out the world.

Luckily, I'm already one down, twenty-four to go. And I highly recommend the book I just polished off,
The Help. Up next? Sarah's Key.

Here's to more novel-reading, and less reality TV in 2010.


Who am I kidding. I can fit in both!

5 comments:

ally said...

Check out Marco Pierre White's "Devil in the Kitchen," when you get a chance. Read it at treatment recently & enjoyed it.

Khadra said...

I cannot live without reality tv.

Jackie said...

Oh man...my book club read "The Help" this fall. LOVED it. I read a lot of books last summer...let me know if you need any recommendations!

Anonymous said...

Going through an anti-novel phase right now. For whatever reason, it seems the real world is strange enough. So, have been on this science binge for a while ... string theory and Freakonomics and Malcolm Gladwell and the like.

But now I feel as though i'm missing too many of the classics. Time to finally crack Ulysses, maybe?

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I heart reading. Thanks for the recommendation, I am just about done my current read (Precious, by Saphire).
I also finised up Dan Brown's latest -- took a bit to get in to, but once you get going, it's a great read.