Letting Oats Have Their Privacy

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You know what I need? This. I'm over my point and shoot camera when it comes to taking food pictures. And as my thirtieth birthday is fast approaching (WOOT!), I think I can finagle one - or at least donations via loving family members (hi, Mom!). Until then, we're all just gonna have to deal.

Do you love oatmeal? I bet it loves you back. But what I really bet is that it would sometimes just love to have a little, eh hem...alone time...with all of the other goodies you add to it. I mean, if they're going to have to mix and mingle into your morning meal, why not let them get acquainted first?


Creamy Overnight Oats

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/2 banana, microwaved for 20 seconds to get gooey and caramelized
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 packet Stevia

Put these ingredients into a bowl. Stir. Stick in your refrigerator. Wake up. Heat 45 seconds. Eat. I like to add fresh berries in the morning to get some extra antioxidants in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my cholesterol hit four digits, I committed to a daily bowl of oats. And it never seemed quite right, so every morning I played with the time and microwave power just a smidge. The winner was 40% for 4:35. Comes out fairly creamy, but I'll definitely give the overnighter a shot this week. Cheers!

White Toast with Butter said...

One of those cameras has been on my wish list forever!

Lindsey said...

I agree with you on both fronts... the camera and the oats! I hope you get all you want for your birthday.